3-13. PNVS ELECTRONIC CONTROL AMPLIFIER (PECA) REPLACEMENT (cont)
If alternate W1 is installed, perform step 10
10. Spread slit (7) in both molded ribbon cables
(8) to access screwlock (9) on connector
Alternately turn each screwlock one to two
turns. To do otherwise will bend connector
11. Connect connector W1P1 (10) to connector
J1 (11) by tightening two screwlocks (9 and
The azimuth drive gimbal assembly drive
motor gets very hot (about 250°F (121.1°C))
The hot motor can cause serious burns.
Use care when replacing PECA.
Wiring harness W1 is easily damaged while
installing PECA. Make sure harness W1 is not
between torquer amplifier and aircraft interface
12. Install PECA (1) on mounting bracket (4).
a. Move PECA (1) toward mounting bracket
(4) on rear wall of aircraft interface
ALTERNATE W1 INSTALLATION