Monitor ITT to avoid a hot start. If there is a rapid
rise in ITT, be prepared to abort the start before
limits are exceeded During engine start, the maxi-
mum allowable ITT is 1000°C for 5 seconds. If
this limit is exceeded, use ABORT START proce-
dure and discontinue start. Record the peak tem-
perature and duration on DA Form 2408-13-1.
4. ITT and N1 - Monitor. ITT 1000°C
maximum. N1 - Monitor. ITT 1000°C
maximum. N1 minimum 61%.
5. Oil pressure - Check (60 PSI mini-
6. IGNITION AND ENGINE START
switch - OFF after 50% N1.
7. CONDITION lever - HIGH IDLE.
Monitor ITT as the condition lever is
8. GPU disconnect.
Do not turn on generators with GPU connected.
9. GEN switch (after GPU disconnected)
- RESET, then ON.