SECOND ENGINE START (BATTERY START) (CONT)
Monitor ITT to avoid a hot start. If there is a rapid
rise in ITT, be prepared to abort the start before
limits are exceeded During starting, the maxi-
mum allowable ITT is 1000°C for 5 seconds. If
this limit is exceeded, use ABORT START proce-
dure and discontinue start. Enter the peak tem-
perature and duration on DA Form 2408-13-1.
6. ITT and N1 - Monitor. ITT 1000°C
maximum. N1 minimum 61%.
7. Oil pressure - Check (60 PSI mini-
8. IGNITION AND ENGINE START
switch - OFF after 50% N1
9. BATTERY CHG annunciator - Check.
10. DC volt/loadmeters - Check loads,
voltage, and current limiters.
11. Second engine GEN switch - RESET,
12. CONDITION levers - As required.
13. Red anti-collision light - RESET.
To reset, turn off approximately 5 seconds, then
on. When voltage drops below approximately 20
volts, the red anti-collision light may become
14. Inverters - Check and ON.