CHAPTER 4. SPECIAL
4-1. GENERAL. I-his chapter contains the special proce-
dures that were referenced in Chapter 2.
1. Before takeoff:
(a) Cabin controller - Set for a 5000 foot cabin alti-
(b) Cabin controller RATE knob - Set to mid posi-
(c) BLEED AIR VALVES switches (2) - OPEN.
(d) CABIN PRESS DUMP switch - PRESS.
2. After takeoff - Initiate a climb to 10,000 to 12,000
feet pressure altitude.
3. Cabin rate-of-climb indicator - Monitor for a smooth
transition from an unpressurized to a pressurized
4. Cabin controller RATE knob - Set to maximum.
Monitor the cabin rate of climb for a rate of between
1500 and 2500 feet per minute.
5. Cabin controller RATE knob - Set to mid position.
Monitor the cabin rate of climb for a rate of 350 to
650 feet per minute.
6. Cabin controller RATE knob - Set to minimum.
Monitor the cabin rate of climb for a rate of 50 to 300
feet per minute.
7. Cabin altimeter - Check that the cabin altimeter
needle stabilizes at 4600 to 5400 feet while the cabin
differential pressure needle continues to increase.
8. CABIN CONTROLLER - Set to 10,000 feet. Cabin
altitude should reach 9600 to 10,400 feet.
9. CABIN PRESS switch - DUMP, when cabin altitude
approaches aircraft altitude.