2. LANDING GEAR RELAY and GEAR IND
circuit breakers Check in.
3. GEAR DOWN lights Check illuminated.
IF INDICATOR REMAINS UNSAFE:
b. Landing Gear Manual Extension.
1. Airspeed Below 181 KIAS.
2. LANDING GEAR RELAY circuit breaker
3. LDG GEAR CONTROL DN.
If all three of the green GEAR DOWN lights
do not illuminate, continue pumping until
sufficient resistance is felt to ensure the
gear is down and locked. DO NOT STOW
THE MANUAL EXTENSION LEVER, LEAVE
IT IN THE UP POSITION.
4. Manual extension lever Unstow. Pump
until the three green GEAR DOWN lights
are illuminated and resistance is felt.
5. Manual extension lever If three green
GEAR DOWN lights are illuminated, stow
After a manual landing gear extension has
been made due to a malfunction of the
system, do not move any landing gear
controls or reset any switches or circuit
breakers until the cause of the malfunction
has been corrected. The malfunction may
be in the gear up circuit and the gear might
retract on the ground.
c. Gear-up Landing (All Gear Up). Due to
decreased drag with the gear up, there may be a
tendency to overshoot the desired landing point. The
center of gravity will be aft of the main wheels,
allowing the aircraft to be landed with a minimum
amount of structural damage to the aircraft provided
the wings are kept level. It is recommended the fuel
load be reduced and the landing made with the flaps
fully extended. A hard surface runway should be
utilized for the landing whenever possible. Landing on
soft ground is not recommended, as sod has a
tendency to roll up into chunks and damage the
underside of the aircraft structure. When fuel load has
been reduced, prepare for a gear up landing as
1. Fuel load Reduce.
3. Loose equipment Stow/secure.
4. BLEED AIR VALVES ENVIR OFF
(below 10,000 feet).
5. CABIN PRESS switch DUMP.
Prior to removing the emergency exit
(approximately 160 KIAS or below) and
ensure passengers are seated with seat
belts fastened and all loose equipment
6. Emergency exit hatch Remove and
7. Seat belts and harnesses Fasten.
8. Gear manual extension handle Stow.
9. LDG GEAR CONTROL UP.
10. LANDING GEAR RELAY circuit breaker
11. LANDING GEAR WARN horn circuit
12. Nonessential electrical equipment Off.
Fly a normal approach to touchdown.
Avoid touching down in a nose-high
recommended for landing).
14. POWER lever IDLE when landing on the
desired touchdown area is assured.
15. CONDITION lever FUEL CUTOFF.
16. Fuel FIREWALL SHUTOFF VALVES