d. Fuselage top side Check general
2. Chocks and tiedowns Removed.
8A-20. INTERIOR CHECK.
1. Cargo/loose equipment Check secure.
Ferry fuel tank caps shall be properly
secured to prevent fuel fumes from
escaping into the cabin.
2. Ferry fuel tanks and caps Visually check
fuel level of each tank, condition of seal, and
that cap is tight and properly installed.
Check tiedowns and platform assemblies to
determine if tanks are securely installed.
3. Ferry fuel tank selector valve(s) Closed.
4. Cabin door Locked and checked. Ensure
the cabin door is closed and locked as
follows: Check position of safety arm and
diaphragm plunger (lift door step) and each
of the six rotary cam locks align within the
orange sight indicators. In addition, the
following inspection and test shall be
performed prior to the first flight of the day:
a. Cabin door Open. Check that CABIN
DOOR annunciator is extinguished.
b. Cabin door Latch but do not lock. Check
that CABIN DOOR annunciator illuminates.
c. BATT switch ON. Check that CABIN
DOOR annunciator is still illuminated.
d. Cabin door Close and lock. Check that
e. BATT switch OFF.
5. Cargo door Check and lock. Ensure cargo
door is closed and locked as follows:
a. Upper handle position Closed and locked
(orange index marks on each of the four
rotary cam locks must align within the sight
b. Lower pin latch handle position Closed
and latched (orange indicator must align
with orange stripe on carrier rod).
The untapered shoulder of the latching
pins should extend past each attachment
6. Emergency exit Check.
7. Crew/passenger briefing Complete.
8A-21. BEFORE STARTING ENGINES.
GPU engine starts are the preferred
1. Parking brake Set.
2. Oxygen system Set.
3. Circuit breakers Check.
4. Overhead panel Check.
5. Fuel panel switches Check.
6. Magnetic compass Check.
7. Clock and map lights OFF.
8. Pedestal controls Set.
a. POWER levers IDLE.
b. PROP levers HIGH RPM.
Where excessive gravel/debris is present,
or the ramp is slippery, the pilot may
consider starting the engines with the
props in feather, but must closely monitor
ITT on engine start.
c. CONDITION levers FUEL CUTOFF.
d. Trim tabs Set.
9. Lower console switches Set.
a. Avionics As required.
b. RUDDER BOOST switch ON.
10. Gear ratchet handle Stowed.
11. Free air temperature gauge Check.
12. Pilots instrument panel Check and set.
a. Compass control SLV.
b. EFIS POWER OFF.
c. STBY HORIZ PWR TEST, ON, and
13. Copilot's instrument panel Check and set.
a. Compass control SLV.