b. DC loads (Parallel within 10%):
(1) 75% maximum LOW IDLE
(2) 85% maximum HIGH IDLE.
(3) 85% maximum Ground Operations.
12. AVIONICS MASTER PWR ON.
13. STANDBY HORIZON ON, and uncaged.
14. EFIS POWER switches ON.
15. AP/TRIM POWER switch ON.
16. Autopilot self-test Monitor.
a. Allow 3-4 minutes for gyros to erect,
HDG and ATTITUDE flags clear.
b. A/P FAIL and A/F TRIM FAIL
application of AP/TRIM POWER and
then extinguish (followed by an audio test
tone) after successful completion of the
self-test. Allow 60 seconds after gyros
c. Repeat self-test on copilot's side.
temporarily engages the servos during the
automatic self-test. Be prepared to
overpower the autopilot as required.
Illumination of the AP FAIL annunciator
other than during initial power-up indicates
a failure. This failure annunciation will
result in power being removed from the
roll, pitch, yaw, pitch trim, and rudder trim
servos. The flight director may remain
functional depending upon the nature of
the failure. The continuous self-test
feature may also inhibit flight director,
autopilot, and electric trim use without
illumination of the AP FAIL annunciator.
17. Engine instruments Check.
8-28. BEFORE TAXIING.
1. CABIN signs As required.
2. BLEED AIR VALVES As required.
3. AFT BLOWER As required.
4. Avionics Check and set.
5. EFIS TEST.
6. Flight controls/autopilot system Check.
a. AP XFER switch Select pilots side.
b. AP mode selector button (AP) Press to
If unable to overpower the autopilot in any
axis, do not use.
c. Flight controls Overpower autopilot in
pitch, roll and yaw axis.
d. Auto trim Check.
(1) Apply nose up force on control wheel
Note nose down trim motion after
approximately 3 seconds.
(2) Apply nose down force on control
wheel Note nose up trim motion
after approximately 3 seconds.
(3) Press right rudder Note left rudder
(4) Press left rudder Note right rudder
(5) Select HDG mode Observe FD
commands and control wheel motion
correspond to movement of the
heading selector knob.
(6) AP DISC & TRIM INTRPT Press
annunciation, and aural disconnect
e. Manual electric trim Check.
(1) Pilot and copilot control wheel trim