5. Use the right inner and outer knobs to
enter the identifier for the reference
6. Press the ENT button to see the
waypoint just entered.
7. Press the ENT button again to
approve this waypoint page. The
waypoint page being created will
return with the cursor over the dashes
to the right of RAD.
8. Use the right inner and outer knobs to
select the radial from the reference
waypoint. The radial may be selected
to the nearest tenth of a degree.
9. Press the ENT button. The cursor
will move to the dashes to the right of
10. Use the right inner and outer knobs to
select the distance. The distance
may be selected to the nearest tenth
of a nautical mile.
11. Press the ENT button. The latitude
and longitude are calculated and
3D-18. FLIGHT PLANS.
The KLN 90B is capable of storing in its memory
25 flight plans plus an active flight plan. Flight plans
are numbered 0 through 25. Each of the flight plans
may contain up to 30 waypoints. These waypoints
The active flight plan is always FPL 0. The
standard procedure is to create a flight plan in one of
the flight plans numbered as 1 through 25. When one
of these numbered flight plans is activated, it becomes
FPL 0, the active flight plan. If desired, a flight plan
may be created directly in the active flight plan. This
avoids creating the flight plan in a numbered flight plan
and then having to activate it. The disadvantage is the
flight plan is not stored and retained for future use. It
can, however, be stored.
Modifications may be made to FPL 0 without
affecting the way it is stored as a numbered flight plan.
Unless direct to operation is being used, the active
flight plan must contain at least two points.
a. Creating Flight Plans.
1. Rotate the left outer knob to select the
flight plan type pages. Refer to Figure
Figure 3D-35. Flight Plan Type Page
2. Turn the left inner knob to select a flight
plan page, preferably other than FPL 0,
which does not contain a flight plan as
depicted in Figure 3D-36.
3. Press the left CRSR button to turn on the
cursor function for the left page.
4. Use the left inner knob to select the first
character of the departure waypoint.
LOAD FPL 0?
Figure 3D-36. Flight Plan Page