(3) Tuning NAV Radios By Keyboard Method
If Station Frequency Is Used.
1. TUNE key Press until Navigation
Radio Tune page 1 is displayed.
2. Line select key Press to position
cursor over desired FREQ field.
3. Frequency Insert or verify.
Trailing zeroes are not required.
4. ENTER key Press.
(MAN) adjacent to the FREQ field indicates
that the frequency has been entered
manually from the NAV control head.
5. Frequency Verify that control head
frequency. When the station is
located in the database the identifier
will be displayed and the (KEY)
annunciation will shift to the identifier
6. RANGE and BRG Check.
(4) Tuning NAV Radios By Auto Tune
DME hold, manual control unit tuning,
keyboard tuning, or use of the AUTO / MAN
switch will take the flight management
system out of the auto tune mode.
Only NAV/DME radios may be placed in the
AUTO TUNE mode.
1. TUNE key Press to display the
Navigation Radio Tune page.
2. Line select key Press to place
cursor over IDENT or FREQ field in
NAV 1 or 2.
3. BACK key Press. AUTO? is
displayed in place of (KEY) or (MAN).
4. ENTER key Press to place system
in AUTO TUNE mode. After a brief
change to reflect the identifier chosen
by the system.
No prompt is displayed adjacent to the
IDENT field when system is in AUTO TUNE
5. FREQ, RANGE, and BRG Check
that the frequency of the control unit
and CDU display agree and that range
and bearing are reasonable.
(5) Transponder And ADF Keyboard Tune.
(MAN) adjacent to ADF or XPDR indicates
that the frequency or code has been
entered manually from the control unit.
1. TUNE key Press to display the page
with XPDR and ADF.
2. Line select key Press to position the
cursor over the desired code or
3. Code or frequency Insert and verify
4. ENTER key Press. (MAN) field will
disappear indicating radios have been
keyboard tuned. Verify that the code
(frequency only will appear for a few
seconds before going to dashes) and
control head displays.
w. Planning Procedures.
(1) Fuel Planning. Refer to Figure 3A-64.
Figure 3A-64. Fuel Status Page