1. Prop deice Check. When MANUAL mode is
selected, note rise on DC loadmeter. When
AUTO mode is selected, monitor prop ammeter
for the appropriate number of seconds and ensure
the indicator remains in the normal operating
range the entire time.
2. Windshield heat Check. Note increases on the
loadmeter and cycle through both normal and
If windshield heat is needed prior to takeoff,
use NORMAL setting for a minimum of 15
minutes prior to selecting HIGH to provide
adequate preheating and minimize the
effects of thermal shock. The windshield
heat thermostat will invalidate the check in
OAT above 20° to 30 ° C.
3. All anti-ice/deice switches OFF.
4. Surface deice system Check.
VACUUM AND PNEUMATIC SYSTEM
1. LEFT BLEED AIR VALVE OFF.
a. Pneumatic and suction pressures remain
b. L BL AIR OFF annunciator illuminates
c. Both BL AIR FAIL annunciators remain
2. RIGHT BLEED AIR VALVE OFF.
a. Pneumatic and suction pressures read zero.
b. Both BL AIR OFF and BL AIR FAIL