(14) Disengage AP by selecting GA.
Check that AP disengages and FD
commands 7° nose up, wings level
12. Electric elevator trim Check.
a. ELEV TRIM switch On.
b. Pilot and copilot trim switches Check
Operation of the electric trim system
should occur only by movement of pairs of
switches. Any movement of the elevator
trim wheel while pressing only one switch
element denotes a system malfunction.
The electric elevator trim control switch
must then be turned OFF and flight
conducted by operating the elevator trim
wheel manually. Do not use autopilot.
(1) Pilot and copilot. Check individual
element for no movement of trim,
then check proper operation of both
(2) Check pilot switches override copilot
switches while trimming in opposite
directions and trim moves in direction
commanded by pilot.
c. Check pilot and copilot trim disconnects
while activating trim.
d. ELEV TRIM switch OFF then On.
H *13. Pressurization Check and set.
a. BLEED AIR VALVES Both ON/OPEN.
b. CABIN ALT Set 500 feet lower than
field pressure altitude.
c. CABIN PRESS switch TEST. Cabin
d. CABIN PRESS switch Release. Cabin
climb/descent gauge indicates a climb,
then stabilizes at zero climb.
e. Altitude selector Set as required.
Pressure altitude plus 200 feet.
14. CONDITION levers As required.
15. Ground Proximity Altitude Advisory System
(GPAAS) Check as follows:
The GPAAS voice advisory must produce
an operational volume at the lowest
a. GPAAS voice advisory VOL control
c. Audio control panel Set listening audio
e. Radio altimeter DH SET control Set to
f. Radio altimeter TEST switch Press and
hold. "Minimum, minimum" will be
illumination of the VA FAIL light.
g. Radio altimeter TEST switch Release.
h. Repeat steps a through g on the copilots
8A-31. BEFORE TAKEOFF.
1. AUTOFEATHER switch ARM.
2. BLEED AIR VALVES As required.
3. FUEL panel Check fuel quantity and
4. Flight and engine instruments Check.
5. CABIN ALT Set PA + 200 feet.
6. Annunciator panels Check.
7. PROP levers HIGH RPM.
8. FLAPS As required.
9. Trim Set.
10. Avionics Set.
11. Flight controls Check.
H 12. Departure briefing Complete.
13. CABIN SIGNS switch As required.
8A-32. LINE UP.
1. ICE & RAIN switches As required.
2. Altitude alerter Check.
3. Transponder/TCAS/Wx radar As required.
4. ENG AUTO IGN ARM.