6. CONDITION lever HIGH IDLE. Monitor
ITT/TGT as the condition lever is advanced.
Ensure N1 is at high idle before turning on
7. GEN switch RESET, then ON.
a. BATTERY CHG light Monitor.
The engine anti-ice system (ice vanes)
should be ON (extended) for all ground
operations to minimize ingestion of ground
debris. Turn off engine anti-ice (retract ice
vanes) to maintain engine temperatures
1. First engine generator load 50% or less
GEN switch OFF.
2. Propeller area Clear.
3. Engine Start.
a. IGNITION AND ENGINE START switch
ON. IGN ON light should illuminate and
FUEL PRESS light should extinguish.
10 seconds after moving the condition
lever to LOW IDLE, initiate Engine Clearing
procedure, Paragraph 8A-25. If for any
discontinued, the entire starting sequence
must be repeated after allowing the engine
to come to a complete stop (1-minute
b. First engine GEN switch RESET then
ON when N1 reaches 12 %.
c. CONDITION lever (after N1 stabilizes at
or above 12% for 5 seconds minimum)
Monitor ITT/TGT to avoid a hot start. If
there is a rapid rise in ITT/TGT, be prepared
to abort the start before limits are
exceeded. During starting, the maximum
allowable ITT/TGT is 1000 °C for 5 seconds.
If this limit is exceeded, discontinue start
and use Abort Start procedure, Paragraph
8A-24 Enter the peak temperature and
duration on DA Form 2408-13-1.
d. ITT/TGT and N1 Monitor. ITT/TGT
1000 °C maximum. N1 minimum 56%.
e. Oil pressure Check (60 psi minimum).
f. IGNITION AND ENGINE START switch
OFF after 50% N1.
4. Engine and systems instruments Check.
5. BATTERY CHARGE light on Check.
INVERTER lights off.
7. Second engine GEN switch RESET, then
a. AC/DC power Check frequencies, volts
b. Frequency and Volts:
(1) AC frequency 394 to 406 Hz.
(2) AC voltage 104 to 124 Vac.
(3) DC voltage 28.0 to 28.5 Vdc.
c. DC loads: Parallel within 10%.
(1) 75% maximum LOW IDLE.
(2) 85% maximum HIGH IDLE.
(3) 85% maximum Ground operations.
8. CONDITION levers As required.
9. Red anticollision light Reset.