1. Multifunction Display
2. Range Switches
3. Rain Echo Attenuation Compensation
Technique Switch and OFF Annunciator
4. Stabilization Switch and OFF Annunciator
5. Target (TGT) Alert Switch
6. Sector Selection Switch
7. TILT Control
8. Weather/Map Selector Switch
9. Slave Annunciator (Not Used)
10. Mode Selector Switch
11. GAIN Control
Figure 3C-147. Radar Control Unit (WC-650) and Multifunction Display (ED-600)
Annunciator. The stabilization switch is a momentary
alternate-action, push-button switch, placarded STAB,
which permits disabling of stabilization inputs. When
disabled, the OFF condition is annunciated above the
switch. In this case, pitch and roll inputs are assumed
to be zero.
(5) Target Alert Switch. The target alert
switch is a momentary alternate-action, push-button
switch, placarded TGT, which selects the target alert
function. TGT mode annunciates significant weather
conditions within + 7.5° of dead ahead. Selecting TGT
disables the variable gain rotary control.
(6) Sector Selection Switch. A momentary
alternate-action, push-button switch, placarded SECT,
selects either full azimuth scan (120°) or sector
azimuth scan (60°).
(7) TILT Control. The TILT control is a rotary
control, placarded TILT, which regulates antenna tilt
between 15° up and 15° down. The range between
+5° and -5° is expanded to allow more precise setting.
(8) Weather/Map Selector Switch. The
weather/map selector switch is a two-position rotary
switch, placarded WX / MAP, which selects weather or
map display when the mode switch is in the ON
(9) Slave Annunciator. Not used.
(10) Mode Selector Switch. The mode
selector switch is a five-position rotary switch,