1. Bank Angle Scale
2. Bank Angle Index
3. Bank Angle Pointer
4. Horizon Line
5. G Flag
8. Miniature Aircraft
Figure 3A-11. Copilots Attitude Indicator
(3) Bank Angle Pointer. Indicates aircraft
(4) Horizon Line. Affixed to sphere, remains
parallel to the earth's horizon at all times.
(5) G Flag. Presence indicates loss of
(6) Sphere. Remains oriented with the
earth's axis at all times.
(7) Inclinometer. Assists the copilot in
making coordinated turns.
(8) Miniature Aircraft. Indicates attitude of
aircraft with respect to the earth's horizon.
3A-19. PILOTS TURN AND SLIP INDICATOR.
a. Description. The pilots turn and slip
indicator is used to provide automatic yaw damping
information to the autopilot in addition to performing
the functions of a turn and slip indicator. Refer to
Figure 3A-12. It is protected by the 5-ampere PILOT
TURN & SLIP circuit breaker located on the overhead
circuit breaker panel.
1. 2-Minute Turn Marks
2. Turn Rate Indicator
3. Gyro Warning Flag
Figure 3A-12. Pilots Turn and Slip Indicator
b. Controls and Function.
(1) Turn Rate Indicator. Deflects to indicate
rate of turn.
(2) 2-Minute Turn Marks. Fixed markers
indicate 2-minute turn rate when covered by turn rate
(3) GYRO Warning Flag. Indicates when
power is not applied to turn gyro.
acceleration, side slip, of aircraft.
3A-20. RADIO ALTIMETER (RA-315).
a. Description. The radio altimeter provides
the pilot with the actual altitude of the aircraft above
ground or surface level. Refer to Figure 3A-13. The
indicator displays radio altitude information from 2500
feet to touchdown, with an expanded linear scale
below 500 feet.
b. Controls and Functions.
annunciator, placarded DH, located on the upper left
corner of the radio altimeter indicator, will illuminate
when the aircraft is at or below the selected decision