3. Manual Frequency (1 MHz) Selector
4. CHAN Indicator
5. Manual Frequency (100 kHz) Selector
6. Present Channel Selector
7. Manual Frequency (10 and 1 kHz) Selector-
8. MANUAL / PRESET / GUARD Mode Selector
9. SQUELCH OFF / ON Switch
10. VOL Control
11. TONE Push -Button Switch
12. Function Switch
Figure 3A-3. UHF Command Set (AN/ARC-164)
(8) MANUAL / PRESET / GUARD Mode
Selector Switch. Selects method of frequency
(a) MANUAL. Any one of 7,000
frequencies is manually selected using the five
frequency selector switches.
(b) PRESET. Frequency is selected
using the preset channel selector switch for selecting
any one of 20 preset channels.
(c) GUARD. The main receiver and
transmitter are automatically tuned to the guard
frequency and the guard receiver is disabled.
(9) SQUELCH OFF / ON Switch. Turns
squelch circuit of main receiver on or off.
(10) VOL Control. Adjusts volume.
(11) TONE Push-Button Switch. Selects
transmission of a 1,020 Hz tone on the selected
(12) Function Switch. Selects operating
(a) OFF. Shuts down equipment.
(b) MAIN. Selects main receiver and