Figure 3-82. SET 2 Page Set Time
2. Press the left CRSR button to turn
on the left cursor function. The
cursor will be over the entire date.
3. Use the left outer knob to position
the cursor over the time zone.
4. Use the left inner knob to select
the desired time zone.
5. Turn the left outer knob one step
counterclockwise to position the
cursor over the time.
6. Rotate the left inner knob to select
the correct hour (24-hour time).
7. Turn the left outer knob one step
clockwise to position the flashing
part of the cursor over the tens
position of the minute, and then
use the left inner knob to select the
8. Turn the left outer knob one step
clockwise to position the cursor
position, and then use the left inner
9. Press the ENT button to start the
10. Press the left CRSR button to turn
off the left cursor function.
The KLN 90B's primary coverage area is from
N74o to S60o latitude. All navigation data presented
outside this area is automatically reference to true
North unless a manual input of magnetic variation is
made on the SET 2 page. The same is true any time
the KLN 90B is in the OBS mode and the active
waypoint is outside the primary coverage area. Under
both of these conditions, the message, MAGNETIC
VAR INVALID ALL DATA REFERENCED TO TRUE
NORTH, is displayed on the message page.
When navigation is within the primary coverage
area, the SET 2 page does not display magnetic
variation. However, under the above conditions, a
user-entered magnetic variation may be made on line
6 of the SET 2 page using the left CRSR button and
the left inner and outer knobs.
(4) The Setup 3 Page. The nine airports in
the nearest list are the nine airports that meet the
criteria selected on the SET 3 page. Refer to Figure
Figure 3-83. SET 3 Page
1. Select the SET 3 page on the left side.
2. Press the left CRSR button to turn on
the left cursor function. The cursor
will appear over the minimum runway
3. Use the left inner knob to select the
minimum length runway desired for
the airport to qualify for the nearest
airport list. Values between 1000 feet
and 5000 feet in 100-foot increments
may be used.
4. Rotate the left outer knob one step
clockwise to position the cursor over
the runway surface criteria.
5. Turn the left inner knob to select either
HRD SFT or HRD. If HRD SFT is
chosen, both hard and soft surface
runways meeting the required runway
length will be included in the nearest