change back to ± 5.0 nm. The approach can be
rearmed by simply pressing the GPS APR switch
The APR ACTV mode can only be engaged
automatically by the KLN 90B. To cancel the APR
ACTV mode, press the external GPS APR switch.
This will change the mode to APR ARM. Once past
the FAF, it is not possible to return to the approach
active mode without conducting a missed approach
and flying back to the FAF.
an. General Procedures For Non-Precision
Approaches. Non-precision approaches will all have
the same general flow. Refer to Figure 3-56.
(1) Select And Load The Approach Into The
Flight Plan. This can be done at almost any time, but
must be completed before reaching the final approach
fix and should be done as soon as possible (position
A). If the aircraft is greater than 30 nm from the
airport, the CDI scale factor will remain at the default ±
5.0 nm full scale deflection.
(2) Transition To The Approach Arm Mode.
This will occur automatically when the aircraft is within
30 nm of the airport and there is an approach loaded
into the flight plan (position B). The CDI scale factor
will change to ± 1.0 nm over the next 30 seconds and
the external annunciator will indicate ARM.
1. No PT arrival route.
2. Radar vectors (requires OBS mode).
3. Procedure turn or holding pattern
(requires OBS mode).
4. DME arc.
(4) Transition To The Approach Active Mode.
This mode change is automatic and occurs at position
1. The aircraft is 2 nm from the FAF and
the approach mode is armed.
2. The LEG mode is selected.
3. The aircraft is heading towards the
4. The FAF or a co-located IAF/FAF is
the active waypoint.
5. The KLN 90B confirms that adequate
integrity monitoring is available to
complete the approach.
Figure 3-56. Approach Sequence